Christmas is coming. Like really quickly! I can’t believe how fast this year has gone! I started my Christmas shopping early this year for the kids but I’m still shopping for everyone else.
So here’s my gift guide, a selection of goodies that I’ve come across recently. It might just provide you with some inspiration!
Espensen Spirit are a recently launched- Bristol based booze company. You’re interested, right? Well, they produce a range of vodkas, gins and whiskies with a twist. They’re available in 50cl, 20cl and 5cl bottles which in my opinion, makes them a perfect Christmas gift- for the over 18’s obviously. Prices start from £4 and you can get a 5cl miniature collection, which has a bottle of each flavour, for just £16.I’ll be sharing my miniature collection with the family on Christmas Day 🙂
The flavours available are;
- Gin Genie – Blueberry Gin– “perfect for the dachshund/dog lover, Bowie fan or the gin enthusiast”
- Ruby Cuby – Rhubarb & Custard Vodka– “for those wanting a special celebratory festive drink, you can use it to create a Ruby Cubellini by adding it to Prosecco or Champagne!”
- PG Sips – Pink Grapefruit & Raspberry Vodka– “ideal for your cat loving friend or relative – or anyone who fancies a deliciously fruity vodka tipple”
- Pump Up the Jam – Raspberry Gin – “this drink goes down equally well with gin lovers or those who just fall in love with the label – it features an 80’s B-boy and a homage to the artist Keith Haring. For anyone who wants to score cool points with their younger relatives, this is the one.”
And here’s why Espensen think that they’re the ideal Christmas gift;
- “First of all – they taste blooming delicious – made using fresh fruit and a seriously good base alcohol from Langley Distillery, and they contain absolutely no artificial colours or flavours
- From a really special 50cl bottle of Ruby Cuby as a main present, to our 5cl miniature collection as a stocking filler or Secret Santa, or even a single sample – we have something for every budget
- The branding is ‘silly but stylish’ and we describe it as post-punk pop art – there are SO many references to film, music and animals, that there is bound to be a drink that appeals to everyone – from David Bowie fans to cat lovers to art appreciators – we have a drink with their name on it
- Espensen Spirit is all hand made in Bristol by Sam Espensen – she puts so much care in to them and has spent years developing and perfecting the recipes
- Donations from every 50cl and 20cl bottles are made to various small charities based in the South West, including the homeless Caring in Bristol, Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary, the Racehorse Rehoming Centre and a local cancer charity
- Our beautiful Italian glass bottles are unbranded – so if you purchase a 50cl or a 20cl bottle for a special person in your life, they can re-use it as a vase, or for oils or vinegars.”
You can find out more about Espensen Spirit and their amazing alcohol creations here. Don’t forget to get yourself a little bottle of each. You have to taste them before you gift them, right?!
I love a gadget and this Amazon Echo looks amazing. You may have seen it advertised on TV– she’s called Alexa. Well it’s connected to Alexa voice service which can provide you with information, play music, sports scores, news, weather and more. If you have Prime you can also ask her to order products for you using Prime. Clever huh?!
It’s £149.99, available in black or white and you can find it here; Amazon Echo, Black
Handcrafted jewellery by Rebecca Miller. Absolutely beautiful handcrafted jewellery might I add. Each piece is individually made by Rebecca using reclaimed silver, copper, semi precious stones and vintage finds- which means that no two pieces are the same- ideal Christmas gift indeed.
“Your jewellery should be a reflection of who you are – beautiful, inspiring and unique.”
Rebecca very kindly sent me a piece so I could see how beautiful they are for myself. Now I’m not a massive fan of jewellery, the only thing I really wear is my charm bracelet, yet I’ve fallen in love with this piece. I was going to gift it to one of the ladies in my family for Christmas, but I love it so much I’m considering keeping it for myself!
You can find Rebecca’s gorgeous creations on her website here. You can use the code TENOFF for 10% off too!
Boxcitement is a monthly subscription box full of surprise stationery and other goodies- a rather exciting box, hence the name! You can purchase them in monthly subscriptions or one off gifts and the longer you subscribe, the more you save.
Where do the contents come from? In their own words;
“Ah well, that’s what makes our boxes so special. Our Boxscientists are constantly coming up with new ideas and designs and working with a select team of suppliers, makers and printers who create our inventions just for Boxcitement. Numbers are limited and they can only be purchased through us – how exclusive is that!”
These boxes really are gorgeous and make the perfect gift for the ladies. You can find out more here.
MotherlyLove was founded by Jan, a loving mother, grandmother and midwife of 40 years. She’s also a registered aromatherapist and has created some beautiful oils for mothers and mothers-to-be.
I’ve been testing the Footloose massaging oil as now I’ve gone back to work, being on my feet all of the time means they ache constantly! It smells lovely and leaves my feet feeling super soft.
Prices start from £7.50 and they have some lovely gift sets available which would be perfect for any Mother or Mother-to-be. You can find the full range here.
If you’re doing a Secret Santa this year, this might just be the perfect gift! Okay so, Text-A-Potato, you’re thinking WTF?! So in their own words;
“STUCK FOR A GIFT IDEA? POTATO. BAD BREAKUP? POTATO. PROPOSAL? POTATO
SOMEONE’S LEAVING THE OFFICE? POTATO. WANT TO CREEP YOUR FRIENDS OUT? POTATO
IT’S ANONYMOUS AND TOTALLY HILARIOUS”
You can literally send a potato to anyone, no matter what the occasion. I was sent the Christmas edition as an example and it’s freaking hilarious. Prices for the Santa potatoes start at £7.99 and there’s limited stock so order yours quick from here.
EasiYo Yoghurt Maker
These EasiYo Yoghurt makers are amazing. We have the large red one in our house and it’s so handy for us having two kids who absolutely love yoghurt. However, for those who don’t have kids or just don’t have the need for 1kg of yoghurt each time, you can also get a mini maker which makes 500g.
They’re super easy to use and the EasiYo flavour range is huge! I reviewed the large red EasiYo maker a few weeks ago which you can read here.
You can also check out the full EasiYo range here.
This is the perfect gift for those loved ones you just know are going to start banging on about the ‘diet starting in the new year’, like they do every year. I can say that because I’m totally guilty of this myself and I really want one of these to get kickstarted in January! The Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker basically records your daily activity and sleep. It records your steps taken, distance travelled, calories burned and allows you to track your goals using online tools and mobile apps.
Ocushield is a screen protector which blocks harmful blue light which is emitted from the digital devices we use everyday. This is a rather sensible gift for anyone. Whilst also protecting your screen, by blocking these harmful blue light rays, this can result in protecting your vision and eyes and helping you get a better night’s sleep if you use your devices in bed before sleep.
Apparently the Welsh Rugby Team use these on their iphones; this might just be a great gift for my other half then sayings as he’s welsh, rugby obsessed and always glued to his phone!
To find out more on OcuShield, visit their website here.
I hope this has given you a few ideas!
Mother Hermit xx
*I was sent some of these items to review for this post. This post also contains affiliate links. All views and opinions are 100% that of my own*